Changes to your situation Changes to your situation

Changes to your situation

We want to make sure you have the right housing for you and your family.

That’s why it’s important to let us know straight away of any changes to things like people moving into or out of your home, or children in your care. You also need to let the Ministry of Social Development know about these changes, and changes in your income.

Visit website

People staying at your home

It is important that you let us know if someone that normally lives in your home moves out. You may also have friends or family visit and stay with you for a short time. But it’s important to let us know if anyone is staying longer term. You will need to let the Ministry of Social Development know about these changes too.

Visit website

Moving out

If you want to end your tenancy and move out of your home, you need to let us know as soon as possible. You will need to put this in writing (an email, or just a handwritten note) at least 28 days before you move. Your tenancy manager can help with this. We’ll also send you a checklist to help you get ready for your final home visit.

Bond refunds

When your tenancy ends, we will work out how much of the bond money is returned to you. If you look after the property and pay your rent in full, your bond will be refunded to you in full after you leave.

The bond refund form has to be signed by both you and us. Bond refunds are made by direct credit to the bank account you list on the form. So be sure to include a copy of your bank deposit slip that has all the right account details.

When the bond refund form is received by Tenancy Services, they check the signatures against the signature of the tenants that were listed on the bond lodgement form. This is why it’s important you tell both Tenancy Services and us about any changes.

Here’s how you can let us know about any changes

  • Email or call us on the links below
  • Visit our offices in Glen Innes and Panmure
  • Tell your tenancy manager

Email us Call us